Women’s Polytechnic Agartala, Tripura
Women’s Polytechnic Agartala was established in the year 2003 as the first Institute of its kind for promoting technical education to the women of Tripura. Women’s Polytechnic was Initially established with the pioneering branch of Information Technology (IT) but in later 2004, two additional new branches, namely, Medical Lab Technology (MLT) and Fashion Technology (FT) were incorporated.
All the courses offered by Women’s Polytechnic Agartala is approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) and was affiliated to WBSCTE (West Bengal State Council of Technical Education), Kolkata. Later in 2007, the college is affiliated to the Tripura University (A Central University).
- 1 About Women’s Polytechnic Agartala
- 1.1 Courses offered by Women’s Polytechnic Agartala:
- 1.2 Facilities available at Women’s Polytechnic Agartala:
- 1.3 Women’s Polytechnic Agartala Admission process:
- 1.4 Women’s Polytechnic Agartala fee structure:
- 1.5 Women’s Polytechnic Tripura placement:
- 1.6 Women’s Polytechnic Agartala College Ranking by Edufever:
- 1.7 Contact address:
About Women’s Polytechnic Agartala
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievements:
- Women’s Polytechnic Agartala is approved by AICTE, New Delhi and is affiliated to Tripura University (A Central University)
- The Information Technology and Medical Lab Technology Courses offered by the College is among the best Technical Courses in Tripura.
- The institute welcomes its students with its well qualified and experienced faculty from leading Institutions and leaders from IT department. It also Provides Ragging free campus in accordance with AICTE.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas with the help of language lab. Students Activity Centre (SAC) to promote Extra & Co-Curricular activities.
Courses offered by Women’s Polytechnic Agartala:
Women’s Polytechnic Tripura offers 3 years Diploma courses in the various field of diploma engineering. Courses offered by the college are as follow.
|COURSES AVAILABLE |
|Name of the Course||Intake Number of Students|
|Computer Science & Technology||30|
|Medical Lab Technology||30|
|Electronics and Telecommunucation||30|
Facilities available at Women’s Polytechnic Agartala:
- Dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, and medical care
- Women’s Polytechnic Agartala provides Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen.
- Library with more than 5,000 books. Reference material available in the library for various courses.
- Trained and enthusiastic faculty.
- Hands-on training with the latest equipment.
- Attitudinal and Soft Skill enhancement programs.
- Highly equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high-speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- The campus has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for its students and staff.
Women’s Polytechnic Agartala Admission process:
Admission to the various courses offered by this polytechnic Institute in Tripura is made by taking consideration of these below-mentioned points.
- The applicant must be passed the Madhyamik Examination or equivalent from recognized board in one attempt.
- The applicant should be within 21 years of age on the 1st January of the respective year of admission.
- Seats are reserved for SC, ST & Ex-Servicemen as per the norms of Government of Tripura.
- Selection shall be strictly according to merit. General candidates securing less than 50% marks, SC candidates less than 45% marks and ST candidates less than 40% marks in aggregate in English, Mathematics and Physical Science in Madhyamik Examination or its equivalent from a recognized board will not be eligible to apply.
- Aspirant candidates for the diploma in Medical Lab Technology(MLT), the marks secured in Life Science will also be taken into consideration along with Math, English and Physical Science.
- A good sense of art and creative work is a desirable qualification for the aspirants of Fashion Technology(FT).
- The candidates need to satisfy the minimum physical standards required for pursuing a technical course and must pass the medical examination to be conducted by the Registered Medical Officer and a certificate is to be obtained in the prescribed format.
Women’s Polytechnic Agartala fee structure:
The approximate fee to be paid per year for Diploma courses in Women’s Polytechnic Tripura is as Follow.
(A) INSTITUTION DUES:-
- Admission Fee=Rs 1.00;
- Tuition Fee for an academic year=Rs 50.00
(B) NON-GOVERNMENT DUES:-
- Caution Money Deposit=Rs 100.00;
- Games & Sports, Cultural Affairs & Industrial Development fund=Rs 50.00;
- Student Union Fee=Rs 50.00;
- Registration Fee=Rs 100.00;
- Internal Examination Fee=Rs 75.00;
- Session charge=Rs 125.00
***Total Fee=Rs 551.00 (Rupees Five Hundred and Fifty-one only)
* For SC & ST candidates the amount payable is Rs 501.00 (Rupees Five Hundred and One only).
Women’s Polytechnic Tripura placement:
The Training & Placement Cell of Women’s Polytechnic is an important segment of the Institute which looks into imparting the technical exposure to the students of all branches, during and after their course in various organizations, inside and outside the state. Final year students who are in the final semester are required to submit their Bio-Data with the Training & Placement Cell. The Training & Placement Cell also communicates with esteemed organizations and companies such as IBM, HCL, Mallcom India Ltd., NIFT, etc. and arranges interaction sessions for the representatives of the companies to have with the students.
Women’s Polytechnic Agartala College Ranking by Edufever:
Women’s Polytechnic Agartala (Tripura), renders Technology Support Service in the areas of IT, Medical Lab, and Fashion Technology and hence making all of its courses good and upgraded. Faculties are highly trained; infrastructure is up to the mark. Highly equipped labs add flying colors to its destiny. Government tag makes the institution highly recommendable in the field of diploma engineering. Edufever gives this college 4 out of 5 on its rating scale.
Women’s Polytechnic Agartala
Hapania, P.O. Amtali via Shekerkote
Agartala, Tripura (West)