West Bengal Civil Services 2018: Apply Before 30th November 2017
Every year lacs of young aspirant from across the country, especially from Bengal, eagerly waits for the notification of their dream job. Oh yes, we are talking about the dream prestigious job of West Bengal civil service (WBCS). Recently Public service commission of West Bengal has announced the notification for West Bengal civil service 2018 (WBCS 2018).
In accordance with the State Services Recruitment Rules, the Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the West Bengal Civil Service (Exe) etc. Examination, 2018 on the results of which recruitment to the West Bengal Civil Service (Exe.) and certain other services and posts will be made. The rules of the examination and other particulars are stated in the following Article.
- 1 WBCS 2018 Notification.
- 1.1 Brief Description of the Job
- 1.2 WBSC 2018 Eligibility Criteria.
- 1.3 WBCS 2018 Exam Pattern
- 1.4 WBCS 2018 Syllabus
- 1.5 Best Books for WBCS 2018 Exam.
- 1.6 Post Offered by WBCS with PayScale.
- 1.7 How to Apply for West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS 2018).
- 1.8 Application Fee For WBCS 2018 Exam
- 1.9 WBCS Admit Card 2018
- 1.10 Important Dates For WBCS 2018 EXAM
- 1.11 West Bengal Civil Service 2018 Helpline Numbers
- 1.12 Contact Address:
WBCS 2018 Notification.
Before we speak about the Date, Selection Procedure and other related information, let us check the basic details for the prestigious Exam.
Brief Description of the Job
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Public Service Commision (WB-PSC)|
|Name of the Exam||West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2018|
|Online Application Starts From||10th November 2017|
|Last Date to Apply||30th November 2017|
|Written Exam Date||Not Declared yet. (Last Year Exam Conducted On – 29th January 2017)|
|Application Fee||General/OBC – Rs. 210/- |
SC/ST/PWD/ExSM – Nil
|How to apply||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Number of Vacancies||Not declared|
|Job Posting||Anywhere in West Bengal|
|Job Profile||Executive (Grade A, B, C, D)|
WBSC 2018 Eligibility Criteria.
To appear for the West Bengal civil service examination one should have all these important eligibility criteria. A candidate should verify the notified rules that he/she is eligible for admission to the examination. Keep in mind that the conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed.
- A degree from a recognized University.
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali).
- Not below 21 years but not more than 32 years on the 1st January of the year of examination for services and posts.
- For the West Bengal Police Service only (i.e. Group “B” Service) age not below 20 years but not more than 32 years on the 1st January of the year of examination.
- The candidate must have good health and character and suitability in all respects for appointment to Government service.
- Concession in age: – The upper age relaxation for S.C., S.T. candidates of West Bengal is of 5 years and by 3 years for O.B.C. candidates. In the case of Persons with Disabilities (PWD), the age relaxation is up to 45 years. Do keep in mind that the S.C./S.T./O.B.C. candidates of other States shall be treated as general candidates.
- The candidate must be
- Citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
WBCS 2018 Exam Pattern
The West Bengal Civil Service (Exe.) etc Examination will be held in some successive stages, viz., Preliminary examination, Main Examination, Personality Test and Medical Fitness.
(A) Preliminary examination (Objective Type):
The Preliminary Examination will consist of only one paper, viz., a paper on General Studies. The paper will be of an objective type consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions, each carrying one mark. The total time duration will be 2½ hours. The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University. The paper will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge.
|Current events of National & International Importance 2||25|
|History of India||25|
|Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|Indian National Movement||25|
|General Mental Ability||25|
(B) Main Examination (Conventional Type-Written)
The Main Examination will consist of six Compulsory papers and one optional subject to be chosen by the candidates from the list of optional subjects given below. There will be two papers of the optional subject of 200 marks each. Each paper, Compulsory or Optional, will carry 200 marks and will be of 3 hours duration.
Six compulsory papers
Out of all papers, four papers i.e. (I) General Studies- I, (ii) General Studies- II, (iii) The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India and (iv) arithmetic and Test of Reasoning will be of MCQ Type to be answered in OMR answer sheets. Remaining two compulsory papers i.e. Paper– I and Paper – II will be of conventional typewritten examinations.
List of Compulsory Papers
Now let us check the List of Compulsory papers for WBCS 2018 Mains.
- The Paper I: – Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali
- Paper II: English – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English
- In Paper III: General Studies-I: Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement and (ii) Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal.
- Paper IV: General Studies-II: Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- In Paper V: The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India.
- Paper VI: Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning.
(C) Personality Test:
Candidates on the basis of their results in the Preliminary Examination will be allowed admission to the Main Examination and based on the marks you scored in Main Exam, you will be allowed to the personality test. Every year a number of candidates selected in order of merit on the results of the Main Examination for all the services and posts included in Groups A, B, C and D will have to appear for a Personality Test. Each candidate will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The object of the test will be to assess the candidate‘s personal qualities e.g., alertness of mind, the power of clear and logical exposition, intellectual and moral integrity, leadership and also the candidate‘s range of interests.
(D) Medical Examination
Candidates who will be selected for appointment will be required to appear before a Medical Board for certificates of their fitness for Government service in the form prescribed for the purpose.
Download Free Study Material and Notes for WBCS Exam:
WBCS 2018 Syllabus
The WBCS 2018 exam is a two-tier written test. The Preliminary Examination will consist of only one paper, viz., a paper on General Studies. The paper will be of an objective type consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions, each carrying one mark. The total time duration will be 2½ hours. The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University. The paper will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge. The Main Examination will consist of six Compulsory papers and one optional subject to be chosen by the candidates from the list of optional subjects given below. There will be two papers of the optional subject of 200 marks each. Each paper, Compulsory or Optional, will carry 200 marks and will be of 3 hours duration. One can read and download the complete updated WBCS Syllabus 2018 by clicking here.
Best Books for WBCS 2018 Exam.
Candidates preparing for the exam are getting tensed about the Study Materials and Books required to crack the Exam. But if your preparation is effective and you are working with a proper planning then you can easily clear the cut-off. All you need is these Best Books for WBCS Exam.
Post Offered by WBCS with PayScale.
As per the notification, The W.B.C.S. (Exe.) etc Examination is to be treated as a combined Competitive Examination for all the four groups (A, B, C, D) of services and posts as detailed below.
WBCS Group–A Jobs
|1.||West Bengal Civil Service (Executive)||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
|2.||West Bengal Commercial Tax Service||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
|3.||West Bengal Agricultural Income-tax Service||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
|4.||West Bengal Excise Service||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
|5.||West Bengal Co-operative Service||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
|6.||West Bengal labour Service||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
|7.||West Bengal Food and Supplies Service||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
|8.||West Bengal Employment Service [Except the post of Employment Officer (Technical)||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-)|
|9.||West Bengal Registration and Stamp Revenue Service:||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
WBCS Group–B Jobs
|1.||West Bengal Police Service:||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-|
Group–C jobs of WBCS
|1.||Joint Block Development Officer||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-|
|2.||Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-|
|3.||West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-|
|4.||Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation)||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,400/-|
|5.||West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade-I||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-|
|6.||Assistant Commercial Tax Officer||( PB-4) Rs.9, 000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-|
|7.||Chief Controller of Correctional Services||( PB-3) Rs.7, 100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-|
WBCS Group–D Jobs
|1.||Inspector of Co-operative Societies||( PB-3) Rs.7, 100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-|
|2.||Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development Department||( PB-3) Rs.7, 100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-|
|3.||Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department||(PB-3) Rs.7,100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-|
Note: For all the services and posts included in the above four groups with the PayScale as above, allowances will also be admissible as per Government orders in force.
How to Apply for West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS 2018).
A candidate must submit his/her WBCS 2018 application using these instructions.
- One has to Visit the official website of West Bengal Public service commission (visit https://www.pscwbonline.gov.in/)
- Click on the apply online or register
- Fill the personal details carefully.
- After Filling the personal detail, one has to Select the subject for which He/She is applying.
- Upload the Photo and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Save the Application form for future use.
Application Fee For WBCS 2018 Exam
A fee of Rs.210/- (Rupees two hundred ten) only + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/-Rupees Five) only for online payment through debit/credit card plus service charge as applicable as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for payment through Bank Counter (offline payment).
There are two payment methodologies – Online Payment and Offline Payment.
- Offline Payment Mode: Candidates will get a Challan of United Bank of India (UBI) on their dashboard. On selecting the Offline Payment mode, candidates will be forwarded to their respective Dashboard from where they have to download the Challan by clicking the Challan button. Candidates can go to nearest UBI next working day 11:00 AM onwards and within closing hours of the bank to deposit the requisite fees. After depositing the fees in the bank, on next working day or two, the candidate will find their application submitted status as Completed.
- Online Payment mode: there will be three options for payment, viz., Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking. Soon after selecting the Online Payment option, candidates will be forwarded to Payment Gateway for making the payment. After successfully making the payment, candidates will be redirected to their respective Dashboard, where they will find their application submission status as Completed.
- SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having the physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. OBC candidates in West Bengal are, however, required to pay a usual fee as aforesaid.
- NO EXEMPTION OF FEE IS AVAILABLE TO SC/ST/BC CANDIDATES OF OTHER STATES.
WBCS Admit Card 2018
The admit card for the West Bengal Civil Services 2018 Admit Card will be released 2 weeks before the Expected Exam. The Admit Card or commonly known as Call Later can be download from official website. The admit card is the mandatory document to carry during the Exam hall at the time of written examination. If a candidate fails to show His/Her WBCS 2018 Admit Card at the time of the written exam, then he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the test. You will also find a link to download WBCS 2018 admit card from here when it got published by the authority.
Important Dates For WBCS 2018 EXAM
One should remember these important dates related to West Bengal Civil Service Examination 2018.
|Commencement of submission of online application:||The 10th November 2017 from 11:30 a.m.|
|Closing date for submission of online application||The 30th November 2017 ( up to 12-00 midnight)|
|Closing date for submission of fees through online:||N/A|
|Closing date for submission of fees through offline:||N/A |
|Date of Availability of Admit Card||N/A|
|Date of WBCS Prelim Exam 2017||N/A|
|Date of WBCS Prelim Exam 2017 Result||N/A|
|Date of WBCS Main Exam 2017||N/A|
West Bengal Civil Service 2018 Helpline Numbers
For further details and assistance, the candidates may contact the following numbers on any working day from 11-00 a.m. to 4-00 p.m.
- Related to Offline Payment: (033) 2262-4181
- For general information: (033) 2419-8185
- Related to Online Payment: (033) 4003-5104
Public Service Commission, West Bengal.
161-A, S. P. Mukherjee Road,
Kolkata – 700 026.
Phone No. PBX- 2466-5662 (Ext. 400,452)
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to WBCS 2018 Examination.
|Download WBCS 2018 Official Bulletin (PDF)||Click Here|
|WBCS 2018 Sample Question Papers | Model Paper for Prelims & Mains||Click Here|
|Expected (WBCS 2018) & Previous Year WBCS Prelims Cut-off ||Click Here|
|WBCS 2018 Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure||Click Here|
|WBCS Prelims 2018 Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Study Materials||Click Here|
|Best Recommended Books for WBCS 2018 Preliminary Exam||Click Here|
|WBCS 2018 Eligibility Criteria | Age | Nationality | Qualification||Click Here|
|Salary | Job Profile | Promotion | Allowances of WBCS 2018 Executives||Click Here|
|WBCS 2018 Admit Card | Important Dates | How to Download||Click Here|
|Download WBCS Prelims Previous Year Papers (2006 to 2016) in PDF||Click Here|
|WBCS Prelims 2018 Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Study Materials||Click Here|
For any Query related to WBCS notification 2018, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the civil service examination.
Best of Luck Aspirants!
Tag: books for WBCS exam preparation