UPSC CDS officer salary and other Allowances (Army, Navy, Airforce)
Indian Army and Allied forces are the most thrilling places in India to work with. Serving your Country as an Army Officer is one the greatest act of optimism. An Army officer is responsible for maintaining the national securities and other work-related to national integrity. If you too willing to apply for the job then keep in mind that the notification for filling up of 500 UPSC CDS officers has been released. Throughout the article, every aspect related to UPSC CDS officer Salary and Job profile and other allowances will be discussed.
As the notification for the UPSC CDS 2 Recruitment 2017 has just been published, aspirants are starting their conversation about How much the job will pay us? and What are the benefits and allowances for the job Profile like questions? This article will let you know about the UPSC CDS Officer Salary and Job Profile.
UPSC CDS Officer Salary and Job Profile
Before we discuss the pay band for the job, let us have a look at the Job Profile and Promotions as a CDS Officer.
Rank and Promotions
|Lieutenant||On completion of training|
|Captain||2 years commissioned service|
|Major||6 years of commissioned service|
|Lieutenant Colonel||13 years of commissioned service|
|Colonel (TS)||16 years of commissioned service|
|Colonel||15 years of commissioned service|
|Brigadier||23 years of commissioned service|
|Major General||25 years of commissioned service|
|Lieutenant General||28 years of commissioned service|
Now have a look at the Grade pay and estimated monthly salary for the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force Officer.
|Rank||Pay Band (Expected Salary)|
|Lt. to Major||Rs 15,600-39,100 ( PB-3 )|
|Lt. Col. to Major Gen.||Rs 37,400-67,000 ( PB-4 )|
|Lt. Gen. HAG Scale||Rs 67,000/- ( annual increment @ 3% ) – 79.000|
|HAG Scale* (* Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt. Gens)||Rs 75,500/- ( annual increment @ 3% ) – 80,000|
|VCO / AS / Army Cdr / Lt Gen ( NFSG )||Rs 80,000/- ( Fixed )|
|COAS||90,000/- ( Fixed )|
Indian Army Officer Expected Monthly Salary
|RANK||PAY BANDS||GRADE PAY||MSP|
- Apart from the above-mentioned grade pay a fixed sum of Rs 6000/- per month is also payable as Military Service Pay ( MSP )
- Aspirants will get a fixed Stipend of Rs 21,000/- per month ( Rs15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of 5,400/- ) during the entire training duration.
- Not only that an officer possessing certain prescribed qualifications are also entitled to an average Qualification Grant. It may vary to Rs 6,000/- Rs 20,000/- (based on the qualification held by the officer).
UPSC CDS Officer other Allowances
- Transport allowance: Rs 3,200/- + DA there on p.m. in A-1/A class cities and 1,600/- + DA thereon p.m. at other places shall be admissible to officers.
- Dearness Allowances(DA): Admissible at the same rates and under the same conditions as are applicable to the Civilian Gazetted Officers from time to time.
- Highly Active Field Area Allowance: Rs 6,780/- to Rs 8,400/- p.m.
- Compensatory Field Area Allowance: Rs 4,200/- to Rs 5,200/- p.m.
- Compensatory Modified Field Area Allowance: Rs 1,600/- to Rs 2,000/- p.m.
- High Altitude Allowance (Above 9000ft): Rs 1,060 p.m. to Rs 11,200 pm (depending upon rank of the officer and place of posting.)
- Siachen Allowance: Rs 14,000/- per month ( in addition to Compensatory Field Area Allowance to officers of all ranks. not admissible in conjunction with High Altitude / Uncongenial climate allowance.)
- Kit Maintenance Allowance: Rs 400/- per month.
- Uniform allowance: Initially for one time kit @ Rs 14,000/- (Rs 3,000/- for every three years).
- Apart from that, all officers are entitled to have free rations.
- Force also allows a special Children Education Allowance to all its officers.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to CDS 2 2017 Recruitment Notification.
|Combined Defence Services 2017 Notification||Click Here|
|CDS 2 2017 Exam (November) Admit Card||Click Here|
|CDS-II 2017 Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure||Click Here|
|Download CDS Exam Syllabus (Written Test & Interview Procedure)||Click Here|
|UPSC CDS Previous Year Question Papers (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014)||Click Here|
|Recommended Books for CDS 2017 Exam||Click Here|
|UPSC CDS Exam Eligibility (Age, Nationality, Qualification)||Click Here|
|CDS Exam Cut-off Score (Expected & previous Year Cutoff Score)||Click Here|
For any Query related to CDS 2 Recruitment 2017, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for CDS 2017 Exam
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!!