Tufanganj Government Polytechnic, Tufanganj
Tufanganj Government Polytechnic, Tufanganj is a government financed 3 years Diploma Engineering college in the Cooch Behar District Of West Bengal. Initially before the establishment of the college students have to go to either Cooch Behar or Siliguri for higher education but it was due to the effort of some local Visionaries and Engineers that the government passed the bill to form a Local diploma college for the people of Tufanganj and its nearby places like Dinhata, Dhubri, Cooch Behar and some part of Lower Assam.
As we all know that diploma in Engineering is a professional course and one can choose their specializations and pursue their career interest but it’s the importance of the college that provides the platform for someone growth. In this context, Tufanganj Government Polytechnic College is trying its level best to provide all Modern Technologies coupled with the Best Faculties to its student with an aim of nullifying the gap between Engineers and workman.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- Tufanganj Government Polytechnic is under Department of Science and Technology and is affiliated West Bengal State council of technical education (WBSCTE).
- The Institute welcomes its students with its well qualified and experienced faculty from different sectors like Engineering, Education etc. It also Provides Ragging free campus in accordance with AICTE.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas with the help of language lab. Students Activity Centre (SAC) to promote Extra & Co-Curricular activities.
Courses Offered by Tufanganj Government Polytechnic:
3 years Diploma Engineering Courses:
|1||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME)||60|
|2||Diploma in Survey Engineering (DSE)||60|
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Tufanganj Government Polytechnic provides Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library. Reference material available in the library for various courses.
- Highly equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high-speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- The campus has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for its students and staff.
- The campus has an audio-video room where students can keep track of latest news & events.
- Highly equipped lab with the latest aid on research and analysis wing.
- For admission in The Diploma courses of the Tufanganj Government Polytechnic, candidates must have passed 10th or equivalent from a recognized Board of Education.
- Admission is made through JEXPO conducted every year in the month of April by West Bengal State council of technical education (WBSCTE).
- The college also provides admission through lateral entry scheme for Diploma and Degree courses. Candidate with 12th Science or with Vocational / Technical degree like ITI with an appropriate specialization can apply for the diploma. Candidate must have to pass VOCLET Examination conducted by West Bengal state Council for technical education to avail Lateral Entry Scheme.
Tufanganj Government Polytechnic Fee Structure:
|S. No||Purpose||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year|
|6.||Examination for Two Semesters||500.00||500.00||500.00|
|1.||Seat Rent & Electricity Charge||1200.00 (per annum)|
|2.||Caution Money||500.00 [one-time]|
|3.||Mess Charge (approx.)||1200.00 (per month)|
Tufanganj Government Polytechnic, Tufanganj is a newly constructed polytechnic college in the district of Cooch Behar. The full-fledged training and placement cell in the college are working too hard to train their students so that they can survive in the cut-throat competitive market. Till now Training and placement cell is providing a better understanding of career and quality materials to the students but a vision of 100% placement needs some time. Some of the Programs conducted by the college to assist students are as follows.
- Personality development
- Communication skill
- Career planning
- Development of entrepreneurship
College Review by Edufever:
Tufanganj Government Polytechnic, Tufanganj renders Technology Support Service in the promising areas of Mechanical and Survey Engineering hence making all of its courses good and upgraded. Faculties are well trained; infrastructure is up to the mark. Well-equipped labs and Library add flying colors to its destiny and hence making this institution good in the field of Diploma engineering. Edufever gives this college 3 out of 5 on its rating scale.
Tufanganj Government Polytechnic, Tufanganj
Chamta, P.O- Tufanganj, Dist – Cooch Behar
Pin – 736159, West Bengal
Phone: 03582 – 244466