National Law University, Delhi
National Law University (NLU Delhi) is the country premiere Law University. The University was established in the year 2008 by Act No. 1 of 2008 of Govt. of NCT Delhi. NLU Delhi is the result of the initiative of the High Court of Delhi under the leadership of Ranbir Singh (also the Founder-Director/Vice-Chancellor of Nalsar University of Law, Hyderabad).
The college offers courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. It is situated in Sector-14, Dwarka, New Delhi, India.
- 1 National Law University Delhi
- 1.1 Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- 1.2 Facilities at NLU Delhi
- 1.3 Courses offered by NLU Delhi
- 1.4 Admission Procedure
- 1.5 NLU Delhi FEE STRUCTURE
- 1.6 Placement details
- 1.7 Rankings and Reputation:
- 1.8 CONTACT ADDRESS:
National Law University Delhi
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- National Law University Delhi is affiliated to BCI and UGC.
- Accredited in ‘A’ grade with a score 3.59 on a four-point scale by NAAC.
- Aid Status: Public
- No Ragging Environment.
Facilities at NLU Delhi
- Internet/Computer Centre
- Digital Classrooms
- Seminar Rooms
- E-Moot Court Hall
- Halls of Residence
- Transport Facilities
- Medical Centre and Ambulance
- Cafeteria @ Mess
Courses offered by NLU Delhi
|L.L.M. Regulations||20||1 year||Approved by E.C. vide item No.2.8 of its meeting held on 21.02.2015|
|L.L.M (Professional) Programme Regulations||160||1 year||Obtaining LL.M (Pro) will not qualify a candidate for academic (and other) jobs that require an LL.M as a minimum qualification. It will also not qualify a candidate to appear for the UGC’s National Eligibility Test or similar tests.|
|Ph.D||X||X||The number of seats available for PhD programme will be notified by the University every year before the start of admission process keeping in view the availability of teachers for guiding PhD Scholars.|
|One Year/Two Years Bridge Course||X||1 year/
|Candidates who have obtained Three Years LL.B. Degree will undertake Two Years Bridge Course and those who have obtained Four Years LL.B. Degree will undertake One Year Bridge Course.|
|PGDUEML||X||X||PGDUEML is designed to provide an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the existing urban laws, by-laws and policies. It is aimed towards the training and capacity building of urban administrators, personnel and all those concerned persons involved with improving living conditions and quality of life for urban citizens by providing them with policy prescriptions, innovations for better urban governance, information and training inputs.|
|PGDTEL||X||X||PGDTEL is designed to provide an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the existing issues of sustainable tourism, with a special focus on socio-cultural, legal and policy issues. The programme includes perspectives on all the new developments and new insights into the relationship between tourism and the environment, dealt with at both global and regional level.|
Admission to undergraduate & postgraduate Law programs in NLU Delhi is made through All India Law Entrance Test (AILET). A candidate who wishes to pursue his/her studies with National Law University, Delhi needs to score high in AILET Exam to get admission in this prestigious university.
Eligibility For BA-LLB
- All candidates, other than those applying under the Foreign Nationals category, should appear for the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) and selection shall be solely on that basis.
- Candidates should score at least 40% of the marks in the AILET (30% for SC/ ST candidates).
- In order to appear for the AILET, candidates should have passed the 10+2 examination and scored a minimum of 50%. However, candidates appearing for 10+2 examinations in the year of the AILET can also apply, provided they meet the above eligibility at the time of admission.
Eligibility For LLM
- To be eligible to appear for admission to One year- LL.M. Programme, a candidate should have passed the LL.B or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of reserved categories, i.e. SC/ST/Persons with Disability).
The admission for Foreign Nationals shall be made on the basis of:
- The academic record of LL.B. or equivalent Degree recognized by UGC/ Association of Indian Universities with not less than 55% marks or equivalent grade.
- Assessment of necessary communication skills in written and spoken English and performance at the interview in terms of aptitude and capacity.
NLU Delhi FEE STRUCTURE
|Tuition Fee:||Rs. 85,000 p.a|
|Halls of Residence:||Rs. 18,000 p.a|
|Electricity Charges:||Rs. 12,000 p.a.|
|Other Fees*:||Rs. 28,500 p.a|
|Mess Advance:||Rs. 15,000 per semester|
|One-Time Fees (to be paid only at the time of admission to the I-year)|
|Campus Development Fund:||Rs. 5,000|
|Admission Fee:||Rs. 2,500|
|Library Deposit:||Rs. 5,000 (Rs. 2,500 for SC/ ST students)|
|Hostel Deposit:||Rs. 5,000|
|Mess Deposit:||Rs. 5,000|
- The fees mentioned is for the one year and may increase every year. Each academic year is 2 semesters.
- The mentioned fee structure is subject to change.
National Law University Delhi has established a full-fledged training & placement cell which periodically liaises and interacts with the corporate world in order to explore the possibility of training and job Placement of students. The students of NLU Delhi has successfully proved their calibre in the different organisation. Their work profile can be broadly categorised as
NLU Delhi Passed-out work profile
- 30-40 percent of the students go for litigation
- 10-15 percent goes for higher studies in India and abroad
- A few go for Judicial Service and Civil Service Examinations
- A few take-up clerkship under the Hon’ble judges of the Supreme Court and the High Courts and the rest of them join law firms.
- AZB & Partners (Delhi)
- Bajaj Finance Limited
- ICICI Bank
- J. Sagar Associates (Delhi)
- Khaitan & Co. (Delhi and Mumbai)
- Linklaters LLP
- Luthra and Luthra (Delhi)
- S&B Partners
- S&R Associates (Delhi)
Rankings and Reputation:
Undoubtedly, the National Law University is one of the Best Law Colleges in India. The Infrastructure is Good, Faculties are well trained, Corporate Training and Internships programs are very good so does the Moot Court and Library. Edufever gives the college 4.2 out of 5 on its rating of Best Law Colleges in Delhi/NCR.
National Law University, Delhi
Sector – Sector 14, Dwarka,
Delhi – 110078, India
Tel: +91 11 2803 4257
For further admission related queries, comment the box below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!