Karnataka Management Aptitude Test 2018
Karnataka Management Aptitude Test popularly named as KMAT is a state level management entrance test conducted by KPPGCA (Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association). The KMAT 2018 Exam will allow more than 160+ Business schools in India to screen candidates for management programme across Karnataka. Throughout the article, every aspect related to Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT 2018) like Admission procedure, Cut-off, Fees, Participating Institutes, Best Books etc will be covered.
- 1 Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT 2018)
- 2 Why choose KMAT 2018 Exam?
- 3 KMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 4 KMAT 2018 Exam Pattern.
- 5 KMAT 2018 Exam Syllabus
- 6 Recommended Books for KMAT Exam 2018
- 7 Application Form
- 8 Application Fees
- 9 KMAT Admit Card 2018
- 10 KMAT Result 2018
- 11 KMAT MCA/MBA/PGDM Cutoff 2018
- 12 KMAT Answer Key 2018
- 13 Counselling Process
- 14 KMAT Exam Centre
- 15 KMAT Important Dates 2018:
Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT 2018)
Why choose KMAT 2018 Exam?
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of KMAT Exam 2018 which will give the answer to the question Why to choose KMAT MBA Entrance Exam.
- KMAT scorecard is the mandatory requirement for the admission in more than 160+ Top MBA Colleges in Karnataka.
- The Entrance test is your gateway to some of the finest MBA/MCA colleges in Karnataka like AIMS Institutes, Bangalore, Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore and much more.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about KMAT Admission Test 2018. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of Karnataka Management Aptitude Test 2018.
KMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on KMAT 2018 Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions of the exam are given below:
- Candidate applying for KMAT Admission Test 2018 can be an Indian or foreign national.
- Bachelors degree with minimum 3 years duration / Masters degree examination of any recognised education body in Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering / Technology or equivalent, and have secured at least 50% of marks in the aggregate (40% for SC/ST candidate).
- Candidates in their final year of bachelor’s degree are also eligible.
Get Admission in Top Colleges (Session 2018-19)
All Courses - Medical, Eng., Law, MBA etc.
- Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks.
- Candidates should have studied Maths at 10+2 stage or at graduation level.
***Before applying for the test, all the candidates must make sure that the eligibility criteria as stated here must be met by them.
KMAT 2018 Exam Pattern.
Karnataka Management Aptitude Test 2018 Exam Pattern – The exam pattern specifies about various aspects of the entrance exam like marking scheme, type of questions, time duration, the total number of questions, subjects, sections, etc.
KMAT Exam Pattern for PGDM/MBA
|S. No||Test||Questions||Total marks|
|1||English Language & Comprehension||30||120|
KMAT 2018 Exam Pattern for MCA
|Sl No||Test||Questions||Total marks|
|1||English Language & Comprehension||30||120|
- Paper Pencil based test with 120 MCQs
- 4 sections of varying number of questions
- No restriction to move to and fro among the sections
- All questions carrying equal 4 marks for correct answer and 1 mark for incorrect answer
KMAT 2018 Exam Syllabus
The complete syllabus of KMAT 2018 is given below:
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension:
- Reading Comprehension
- Questions on Grammer
- Sentence completion
- Idioms & Phrases
- Spelling Error
- comprehension of passages etc.
Logical and Abstract Reasoning:
The section will have questions in sets as well individual ones based on Verbal Reasoning, analogy among others.
- Figures/Verbal Classification
- Coding and Decoding
- Blood Relation
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Letter and Symbol Series
- Alphabet Test
- Question related to dictionary
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Vien Diagram
- Sitting Arrangement
- Non-verbal series
- Logical Deduction etc.
The questions in this section will be of matriculation standard. This shall include questions to know how fast and accurate you can work with numbers and do numerical calculations.
- Number Series
- Ratio & Proportion
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Permutation & Combination / Probability
- Mixture Problems
- Number System
The KMAT 2018 General Awareness syllabus will include current news of national and International Importance. There is nothing specified about the general knowledge and to score great in this section you need to be updated with the current world.
Recommended Books for KMAT Exam 2018
The Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (MBA/PGDM/MCA) Exam consists of four subjects. The question paper will be based on the syllabus prescribed. A good command over General English, Logical Reasoning and Mathematics will help you to crack KMAT 2018 exam. As per the previous year toppers of KMAT Exam, the mul-mantra of success lies in your “Time management strategy” and these highly recommended books for KMAT 2018 prescribed by expert and previous year toppers.
How to Apply?
To apply for KMAT 2018, Candidates can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website to apply KMAT.
- Click on the link “Apply for KMAT 2018”.
- Fill the required details such as pre exam academic qualification, personal mailing detail, Personal and guardian details, etc.
- Upload the scanned images one by one in the prescribed specifications.
- Go through the payment gateway section and pay the application fee through debit/credit card or e-challan of Canara/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI etc Bank.
- Candidates are advised that after fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
Application Form Correction
While filling up the application form, Candidates are advised to take ought most care, but if accidentally you made any mistake that differs from the actual data can make the correction after a prescribed time period. The KMAT 2018 Entrance Exam correction window will be open for few days in the last week of April 2018. This will be the last chance to make corrections in the application form so candidates are advised to make corrections carefully.
Payment for KMAT MBA Entrance Exam Application Form can be done in online mode. The Board will not accept any application form without prescribed application fees.
|Category||Application Fee (in INR)|
- Cash payment (Challan will be generated and fee may be deposited through cash in any branch of Indian Bank).
- Net Banking/Credit Card and Debit Card.
KMAT Admit Card 2018
The KMAT 2018 Hall Ticket will be issued two weeks before the exam and candidates can access the same from this article. The admit card of the MBA Entrance Exam is an important document providing details about the candidate, the timing of the examination, the address of the test centre, rules of the examination, etc. On the day of the test, the candidates must make sure to carry the hall ticket to the examination centre. If the candidates fail to carry the admit card to the exam hall, they won’t be allowed to enter the examination hall and write the test.
KMAT Result 2018
The authority will declare the result of MCA CET 2018 on July 2018. It will be declared online and a link to check the same will be provided here on this page. The scorecard will not be sent via email or post individually to any of the candidates. The authority will declare and display the ranks of only those candidates who will qualify in KMAT Entrance Exam 2018. The candidates will be called for counselling/admission depending upon the no. of seats available in each programme. The admissions will be made only out of these qualified candidates strictly in order of merit. The candidates’ ranks who do not qualify in KMAT-2018 will not be declared.
KMAT MCA/MBA/PGDM Cutoff 2018
The cutoff ranks will be announced after the counselling process is over. For every round of counselling, the authority will declare a cutoff. Candidates scoring less than the stated cutoff will not be allowed to attend the counselling rounds.
KMAT2018 Cutoff Info
- The Cutoff score for various participating institutes will be declared independently.
- Merit List will be prepared after the declaration of the cutoff marks.
- Selected Candidate will have to go through Counselling process for admissions.
KMAT Answer Key 2018
The authority will release the answer keys for the students to check their answers. It will be declared online and a link to check the same will be provided here on this page. If any candidate is aggrieved by his/her declared result of KMAT 2018, he/she may, within a week apply for inspection of his/her OMR answer sheet.
The tentative schedule of counselling together with all will be notified by the authority website, after a declaration of the results. Students have to follow the counselling process for the allotment of their preferred Institute.
- The counselling will be done on the basis of merit list.
- The list of documents required will also be informed through the detailed counselling schedule.
- Applicants should retain a print out of KMAT application form as proof of identity of the candidate at the time of counselling/admission.
- On the basis of KMAT 2018 Cutoff and the rank obtained by the candidates, they shall be allotted seats into various management colleges affiliated to Karnataka Government.
- Each candidate will have to choose from/out of those available when his/her turn will come.
KMAT Exam Centre
The candidates are required to fill the test city in the application form. The choices indicated by the candidates with respect to the Centres shall only be considered as their preferred choices. The allotment of centres will be rearranged if that choice is not available. The list of the test cities along with their city code is tabled below.
KMAT Important Dates 2018:
Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) will release the important dates of KMAT 2018. The important dates are provided in the table below.
|Availability of KMAT 2018 online Application||May 2018|
|Last Date of Registration for KMAT||July 2018|
|Issue of KMAT Admit Card/Hall ticket 2018||July 2018|
|Date of KMAT exam||July 2018|
|KMAT Result 2018||August 2018|
|KMAT October 2018 Admit Card||October 2018|
|KMAT October 2018||October 2018|
For queries regarding application form, payment, document uploading please email only on: email@example.com
For Academic queries like eligibility and other ( Monday to Friday excluding holiday, from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm)
Ph no. : 9343996664 / 9343996665
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Secretary – KMAT 2017
Seshadripuram First Grade College
CA Site No 26 Yelahanka New town Bangalore 560064