IPU CET BCA 2017: Admission, Date, Pattern, Syllabus, Books
IPU CET BCA 2017 is one of the most popular Entrance Examination in India conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) Delhi. Successful candidates of IPU CET BCA Entrance Examination will be eligible to apply for BCA courses offered by different Top IP University BCA colleges in Delhi/NCR.
This article will help you to know about various parameters associated with IPU CET BCA Exam Like Application Process, Fees, How to Apply, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Participating Institutes and Exam Centres. Students want to apply for the entrance are hereby notified to check this complete article carefully.
- 1 IPU CET BCA Entrance Examination 2017
- 1.1 Why choose IPU CET BCA?
- 1.2 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.3 IPU CET BCA 2017 Exam Pattern
- 1.4 IPU CET BCA 2017 Syllabus
- 1.5 Recommended Books
- 1.6 Application Form
- 1.7 IPU CET BCA 2017 Application Fees
- 1.8 IPU CET BCA Admit Card 2017
- 1.9 IPU CET BCA Result 2017
- 1.10 IPU CET BCA Cutoff 2017
- 1.11 IPU CET BCA Answer Key 2017
- 1.12 IPU CET BCA Counselling Process 2017
- 1.13 IPU CET BCA Exam Centre
- 1.14 IPU CET BCA 2017 Important Dates
- 1.15 Contact Information:
IPU CET BCA Entrance Examination 2017
Why choose IPU CET BCA?
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of IPU CET BCA 2017 which will give the answer to the question Why to choose IPU CET BCA Entrance Exam.
- GGSIPU CET BCA score card is the mandatory requirement for the admission in more than 15 Top BCA Colleges in Delhi/NCR.
- The Entrance test is your gateway to some of the finest BCA colleges in Delhi/NCR like Chandra Prabhu Jain College of Higher Studies, BLS Institute of Technology Management and Jagan Institute Of Management Studies etc.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about IPU CET BCA 2017. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of Indraprastha University BCA Entrance examination 2017.
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on IPU CET BCA 2017 Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or Not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions of IPU CET BCA is given below:
Candidate applying for IPU CET BCA must be citizens of India.
- The age of the candidate should not be beyond 21 years, as on 1 August 2017.
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC, ST & OBC) are given a relaxation of 2 years on the maximum age.
- Aspirants of IPU CET BCA 2017 should be residents of Delhi/NCR.
- There is a special reservation (a fixed %) for the candidate belonging to Outside Delhi in every participating BCA colleges in IPU CET BBA Entrance.
- Candidates should have passed 12th (CBSE) or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate with a pass in English (core or elective or functional) and Mathematics or Computer Science / Informatics Practice / Computer Applications
- SC/ST/PWD Category: Minimum 45% aggregate marks in class XII or equivalent exam.
Candidates should have completed a 3-year diploma in any branch of Engineering from a polytechnic that is duly approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and is affiliated to a recognised examining body with a minimum of 50% marks.
***Before applying for the test, all the candidates must make sure that the eligibility criteria as stated here must be met by them.
IPU CET BCA 2017 Exam Pattern
IPU CET BCA Exam Pattern 2017 – The exam pattern of IPU CET BCA 2017 specifies about various aspects of the entrance exam like marking scheme, type of questions, time duration, the total number of questions, subjects, sections, etc.
The exam will be held in pen-paper mode (OMR based). It will have a total of 150 objective type questions. The medium of the tests will be English only. Each question shall carry 4 marks, making the total to be 600.
|English Language & Comprehension||25 Minutes||100||25|
|Computer Awareness||45 Minutes||180||45|
|General Knowledge- IT and Science Related||35 Minutes||140||35|
IPU CET BCA 2017 at a glance
- Mode of Examination: Offline mode (Paper-pen mode).
- Test Duration: 2 Hours 30 Minutes (150 minutes)
- Number of Questions: 150 questions (MCQ Type)
- Total marks: 600.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong response. Candidates must note that multiple responses of a question will be treated as the wrong answer.
IPU CET BCA 2017 Syllabus
The syllabus for IPU CET BCA 2017 test is as follow –
- English Language & Comprehension- (25 questions)
- Mathematics- (45 questions)
- Computer Awareness- (45 questions)
- General Knowledge- IT and Science Related- (35 questions).
|Computer Awareness||English Language & Comprehension-||General Knowledge- IT and Science Related||Mathematics|
|Computer awareness. |
Organisation, CPU, Structure of CPU.
I/P and O/P devices.
Memory and backup devices.
Banking and Finance
Institutions of India
Defence & Space
Awards & Honours
Science and Technology
Indian Industries etc.
The IPU CET BCA Exam consists of four subjects. The question paper will be based on the syllabus of Intermediate (10+2/equivalent). A good command over General English, Computer awareness and Mathematics will help you to crack IPU CET BCA 2017 exam. As per the previous year toppers of IPU CET BCA exam, the mul-mantra of success lies in your “Time management strategy” and these highly recommended books for IPU CET BCA 2017 prescribed by expert and previous year toppers.
How to Apply?
To apply for IPU CET BCA 2017, Candidates can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of IPU CET BCA.
- Click on the link “Apply for IPU CET BCA 2017”.
- Fill the required details such as pre exam academic qualification, personal mailing detail, Personal and guardian details, etc.
- Upload the scanned images one by one in the prescribed specifications.
- Go through the payment gateway section and pay the application fee through debit/credit card or e-challan of Canara/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI etc Bank.
- Candidates are advised that after fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
Application Form Correction
While filling up the application form, Candidates are advised to take ought most care, but if accidentally you made any mistake that differs from the actual data can make the correction after a prescribed time period.The IPU CET BCA 2017 correction window will be open for few days in the last week of April 2017. This will be the last chance to make corrections in the application form so candidates are advised to make corrections carefully.
IPU CET BCA 2017 Application Fees
Payment for IPU CET BCA 2017 Application Form can be done in both online or offline mode. The Board will not accept any application form without prescribed application fees.
|Category||Application Fee (in INR)|
- Cash payment (Challan will be generated and fee may be deposited through cash in any branch of Indian Bank).
- Net Banking/Credit Card and Debit Card.
IPU CET BCA Admit Card 2017
The IPU CET BCA Hall ticket has been issued and candidates can access the same from this article. The admit card of IPU CET BCA is an important document providing details about the candidate, the timing of the examination, the address of the test centre, rules of the examination, etc. On the day of the test i.e. May 14, the candidates must make sure to carry the hall ticket to the examination centre. If the candidates fail to carry the admit card to the exam hall, they won’t be allowed to enter the examination hall and write the test.
The candidates are required to carry two printouts of the admit card on the date of the test to the allotted exam centre. One copy should be retained by the candidate after getting it signed by the Invigilator. The second copy should be handed over to the Invigilator for University records.
IPU CET BCA Result 2017
IP University will declare the result of BBA CET 2017 on May 30, 2017. It will be declared online and a link to check the same will be provided here on this page. The scorecard will not be sent via email or post individually to any of the candidates. The University will declare and display the ranks of only those candidates who will qualify in IPU CET BCA 2017. The candidates will be called for counselling/admission depending upon the no. of seats available in each programme. The admissions will be made only out of these qualified candidates strictly in order of merit. The candidates’ ranks who do not qualify in CET-2017 will not be declared.
IPU CET BCA Cutoff 2017
The cutoff ranks will be announced after the counselling process is over. For every round of counselling, the authority will declare a cutoff. Candidates scoring less than the stated cutoff will not be allowed to attend the counselling rounds.
IPU CET BCA Cutoff Trend
Here is the complete list of Category wise Cutoff trend (Previous Year Cut-off) for Top BCA college under IPU.
|Name of Institute||GNGND||OBGND||GNDCD||SCGND|
|Ambedkar Integrated Institute of Engineering & Technology||Min Rank-185 |
|Min Rank-1652 |
|Min Rank-4089 |
|Min Rank-1667 |
|BLS Institute of Technology & Management||Min Rank-1248 |
|NA||NA||Min Rank-4701 |
|Chandra Prabhu Jain College of Higher Studies||Min Rank-515 |
IPU CET BCA 2017 Cutoff Info
- The Cutoff score for various participating institutes will be declared independently.
- Merit List will be prepared after the declaration of the cutoff marks.
- Selected Candidate will have to go through Counselling process for admissions.
IPU CET BCA Answer Key 2017
The authority will release the answer keys for the students to check their answers. If any candidate is aggrieved by his/her declared result of CET, he/she may, within a week apply for inspection of his/her OMR answer sheet.
IPU CET BCA Counselling Process 2017
The tentative schedule of counselling together with all will be notified by the University website, after a declaration of the results. Students have to follow the counselling process for the allotment of their preferred institute.\
- The counselling will be done on the basis of merit list.
- The list of documents required will also be informed through the detailed counselling schedule.
Applicants should retain a printout of CET application form as proof of identity of the candidate at the time of counselling/admission.
- For BBA, the counselling will be done in online mode only.
- Total 3 rounds will be held and one sliding round.
- The counselling processing fee is Rs. 1000/- (non-refundable).
- On the basis of IPU BCA 2017 Cutoff and the rank obtained by the candidates, they shall be allotted seats into various management colleges affiliated to IP University.
- Each candidate will have to choose from/out of those available when his/her turn will come.
IPU CET BCA Exam Centre
The test will be held in 15 cities across the nation. The candidates are required to fill the test city in the application form. The choices indicated by the candidates with respect to the Centres shall only be considered as their preferred choices. The allotment of centres will be rearranged if that choice is not available. The list of the test cities along with their city code is tabled below.
|S.No.||Name of City||City Code|
IPU CET BCA 2017 Important Dates
Candidates applying for the IPU CET BCA 2017 exam needs to check these important dates related to IPU CET BCA. The given dates are officially announced.
|IPU CET 2017 exam events||Important Dates|
|Exam notification||November 17, 2016|
|Application begins||February 28, 2016|
|Application ends||April 18, 2017|
|Issue of admit card||May 1, 2017|
|Date of offline exam||May 14, 2017|
|Result Announcement||May 30, 2017|
In the case of any irregularities, a candidate is advised to visit the Examination board to get further assistance.
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Sector – 16C Dwarka
Delhi – 110078, India
Phone: +91-11-25302167, 25302168