The Faculty of Law, University of Delhi
The Faculty of Law University of Delhi was established in the year 1924. The learning centre is situated in the university’s North Campus in Maurice Nagar and is surrounded by a host of other academic institutions such as the Daulat Ram College, Miranda House, St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, Hindu College and Delhi School of Economics etc.
The Law Department of the college has more than 130 teachers and about 7000 students at present including LL.B., LL.M., and PhD students. The present intake for LLB students is 2400 students after OBC expansion.
- 1 Faculty of Law University of Delhi
- 1.1 Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- 1.2 Facilities at Faculty of Law University of Delhi
- 1.3 Courses offered
- 1.4 Faculty & Staff
- 1.5 Admission Procedure
- 1.6 FEE STRUCTURE
- 1.7 Placement Details
- 1.8 Rankings and Reputation
- 1.9 Contact address
Faculty of Law University of Delhi
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- Faculty of Law is affiliated with the University of Delhi.
- Approved by Bar Council of India.
- Member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Aid Status: Public
- No Ragging Environment
Facilities at Faculty of Law University of Delhi
- Ragging Free Environment
- Air-Conditioned Class Rooms and Laboratories
- Individual student care through Proctorial System
- Special Care/Remedial Classes for Weaker Students
- Personality Development Programme
- Industry Institute Interaction
- Global Exposure Programme
- Moot-Court Facility/Lok Adalat/Mentor-Mentee Program
- Regular Visit to Live Court.
- 24-hours free Internet Kiosk
- Modern Teaching Methodologies
- Video Conferencing Facility
- Functional English and Public Speaking Courses
- Special Programme on Interview Techniques
- Central library.
- Separate girls’ and boys’ In-Campus hostel.
- Cultural and tech fest
|Bachelor of Laws(LL.B.),||3 year||X|
|Master of Laws (LL.M.),||2 year||X|
|Master of Corporate Laws (M.C.L.)||2 year||X|
|Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), and||X||X|
|Doctor of Civil Laws (D.C.L.).||X||X|
Faculty & Staff
Faculty of Law University of Delhi offers admission with an intake of 2000+ numbers of students per year. The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students.
Admissions To LL.B. Course: The admission to LL.B. course shall be made on the basis of merit in the LL.B. Entrance Test.
Eligibility: An applicant who has graduated in any discipline of knowledge from a University established by an Act of Parliament or by a State legislature.
Get Admission in Top Colleges (Session 2018-19)
All Courses - Medical, Eng., Law, MBA etc.
Minimum marks in qualifying examination for admission to LLB:
- General candidates, Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree with at least 50% marks.
- Other backward classes (OBC) candidates, Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree with at least 45% marks.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates, a Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree with at least 40% marks. ( As per Bar Council of India requirements)
ADMISSIONS TO LL.M. COURSE: The admission to LL.M. course is made on the basis of merit in the LL.M. Entrance Test conducted each year.
- General category and Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates, a three-year/five-year LL.B. Degree from the University of Delhi or any other Indian or Foreign University recognized as equivalent by the University of Delhi with at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade point in the aggregate for Two-Year/Three-Year Course LLM.
- The candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) having a three year/five-year LL.B. Degree from the University of Delhi or any other Indian or Foreign University recognized as equivalent by the University of Delhi with at least 45% marks for 2yr/3yr LLM or an equivalent grade point in the aggregate in either of them.
Th fees structure of Faculty of Law depends on the quota one should eligible for. It is lower for SC/ST and PH/CW candidates, pretty much negligible for sons/daughters of DU employees and anywhere between Rs. 7000–9000 a year for General candidates (depending on whether you were previously enrolled as a DU student or not).
The Faculty of Law Delhi has established a full-fledged training & placement cell which periodically liaises and interacts with the corporate world in order to explore the possibility of training and job Placement of students. The students have successfully proved their calibre in the different organisation. Their work profile can be broadly categorised as
Faculty of Law Delhi Passed-out work profile
- 30-40 percent of the students go for litigation
- 10-15 percent goes for higher studies in India and abroad
- A few go for Judicial Service and Civil Service Examinations
- A few take-up clerkship under the Hon’ble judges of the Supreme Court and the High Courts and the rest of them join law firms.
Rankings and Reputation
Faculty of Law University of Delhi is one of the best Law colleges in India. The Infrastructure is Good, Faculties are well trained, Corporate Training and Internships programs are very good so does the Moot Court and Library. Brilliant Placement records and research makes the future of the college very bright.
- The Faculty of Law, University of Delhi was ranked third in India by The Week’s “Top Law Colleges in 2017” and sixth among government law colleges in India.
We would like to give this college 4.3 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best Law Colleges in Delhi/NCR.
Faculty of LAW University of Delhi
Chhatra Marg, Delhi-110007, India
Tel No. : +91 1127667483
To get Information on How to get Admission In Top College in Delhi? Please stay in touch with us. You can Also ask our Expert to guide you in getting admission in Faculty of LAW DU by commenting in the box mentioned below.