CBSE Class 5 Maths Syllabus 2017-2018 Session
CBSE Class 5 Maths Syllabus: Hi friends, today we are going to discuss you about the latest Syllabus of Class 5th Math. As you know very well that Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its own curriculum and syllabus designed for the students and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. So it’s always a wise decision to keep an eye on what happening around with the subject you are going to learn. This year CBSE made little bit changes in the class 5th syllabus.
Books for class 5 Math:
- Mathematics Publication: – NCERT
- Composite Mathematics (Reference Book)
- Marigold Mathematics (Reference Book)
- Mental Math Worksheet for Grade 5
Overview of CBSE Class 5 Maths Syllabus, Chapter wise maths syllabus for class 5, Class 5th maths syllabus for session 2017-2018.
|Topics to be Covered||Time Allotted (In Hours)|
SHAPES & SPATIAL UNDERSTANDING
NUMBERS AND OPERATIONS
|Data Handling||6 hrs|
CBSE class 5 maths syllabus’ chapter details in brief
SHAPES & SPATIAL UNDERSTANDING:
- Gets the feel of perspective while drawing a 3-D object in 2-D.
- Gets the feel of an angle through observation and paper folding.
- Identifies right angles in the environment.
- Classifies angles into right, acute and obtuse angles.
- Represents right angle, acute angle and obtuse angle by drawing and tracing.
- Explores intuitively rotations and reflections of familiar 2-D shapes.
- Explores intuitively symmetry in familiar 3-D shapes.
- Makes the shapes of cubes, cylinders, and cones using nets especially designed for this purpose.
NUMBERS AND OPERATIONS:
- Finds place value in numbers beyond 1000.
- Appreciates the role of place value, in addition, subtraction and multiplication algorithms.
- Uses informal and standard division algorithms.
- Explains the meaning of factors and multiples.
- Estimates sums, differences, products and quotients and verifies using approximation.
- Finds the fractional part of a collection.
- Compares fractions.
- Identifies equivalent fractions.
- Estimates the degree of closeness of a fraction to known fractions ( 1 2, 1 4, 3 4 etc.)
- Uses decimal fractions in the context of units of length and money.
- Expresses a given fraction in decimal notation and vice versa.
- Applies the four operations in solving problems involving money.
- Determines area and perimeter of simple geometrical figures.
- Applies the four operations in solving problems involving length, weight, and volume.
- Relates commonly used larger and smaller units of length, weight, and volume and converts one to the other.
- Applies simple fractions to quantities.
- Converts fractional larger unit into complete smaller units.
- Appreciates volume of a solid body: intuitively and also by informal measurement.
- Uses addition and subtraction in finding time intervals in simple cases.
(E) Data Handling:
- Collects two-dimensional quantitative data.
- Representation of the data in the form of a table.
- Draws a bar graph or a pictograph to present a data.
- Identifies patterns in square numbers, triangular numbers.
- Relates sequences of odd numbers between consecutive square numbers.
- Makes border strip and tiling patterns.
CBSE Class 5 Math Sample Paper Set
Now it’s time to grade up your preparation with the set of few sample papers. These sample papers are designed by highly qualified teachers of our family. The sample paper is based on the math syllabus of class 5 and consist of all sort of questions to be asked in class 5 math exam. CBSE class 5 maths sample papers cover the objective questions like MCQ, Fill in The blanks, True or False, Simple addition and subtraction and identifying Geometrical figures. Let us solve it.
Best of Luck Students…!!!